Make a lovely audio/video setup with a 10.1" IPS screen with HDMI stereo speaker support. For video, we have a beautiful bright 10.1" TFT display with incredibly high resolution and great angle-visibility! We tried to get the thinnest, brightest, highest resolution display that would be good for embedded computing usage. The visible display measures 10.1" diagonal and is a 'raw LVDS' display as is used in a tablet which makes it ultra thin and very bright. We include a driver board with HDMI, VGA and Composite inputs as well as stereo 4 ohm at 3W output driving capability. The setup is very easy to use - simply connect a 5-12VDC adapter to the 2.1mm center-positive DC jack, then connect a digital video source to one of the ports and two 4 to 8 ohm speakers to the SPK output pins. Voilà, a display!
There's a little wired PCB with little buttons that let you enter a menu system for adjusting brightness, color and contrast. It tries to auto-detect which input you have and switches to that one or you can 'select' from the menu which to display.
We include a plug-in cable that connects to the 4 speaker output pins, the pins are labeled LOUT+/- and ROUT+/-. It have solder speakers to the 4 wires
To demonstrate it, we took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any device with HDMI, VGA or NTSC/PAL output. It will not work with a device that only outputs DVI (without a DVI to HDMI converter) or SECAM.
For use with a Raspberry Pi we suggest editing config.txt to set the HDMI to native 1280x800 in case it doesn't detect the resolution properly. The easiest way to edit the config.txt is to put the Pi SD card into an every day computer and edit config.txt with any text editor and save.
For use with a BeagleBone Black running Ubuntu/Debian, we found it works when plugged in, no configuration required.
A power adapter is NOT included. You will need to either purchase a 5-12VDC adapter or you can use one you've already got around the house. We show the display on a bent wire stand which is not included, but you can pick one up here We may ship with a black flex cable or a white ribbon cable to connect the TFT to the driver, both work identically!
- Power with 9-12VDC (recommended)
- 16:10 display ratio
- Resolution: 1200 x 800
- Visible area: 217mm x 135mm 16:10
- Brightness: 350cd/m2
- Contrast: 800:1
- We ship with a HSD101PWW1-A display ( with Mounting Hole ), or you can choose HSD101PWW1 display ( without Mounting Hole )
- Not HDCP compatible - it cannot be used with 'secured' HDMI sources
- Display dimensions: 220mm x 139mm / 8.7" x 5.5"
- Thickness: 5mm / 0.2"
- Mounting Tab Hole Diameter: range between 2.1mm - 2.9mm / 0.08" - 0.11"
- Bottom Mounting Hole Distance: 62mm / 2.4"
- Top Mounting Hole Distance: 87mm / 3.4"
- Right Side Mounting Hole Distance (closer hole): 125mm / 4.9"
- Right Side Mounting Hole Distance (further hole): 130mm / 5.1"
- Left Side Mounting Hole Distance (closer hole): 118mm / 4.6"
- Left Side Mounting Hole Distance (further hole): 124mm / 4.9"
Power draw from combined display+HDMI driver when backlight is on
- 5V: 980mA
- 6V: 780mA
- 7V: 660mA
- 8V: 575mA
- 9V: 515mA
- 10V: 450mA
- 11V: 415mA
- 12V: 380mA
- 1 X HDMI+VGA+2AV Controller Board
- 1 X 10.1 inch 1280*800 HSD070PWW1 LCD modules
- 1 X Keyboard with Wire
- 1 X LCD Connect cable
- 1 X Speakers Connect cable